Monday, June 23, 2008

girl on tv

Today i received surprising messages from my friends that i was on TV. No way I say...

But Madz it's really you! Lining up in a cafeteria!!

Thoughts and memories rushed through my brain...

"Eeeeeaaaahh.....it must really be me!!"

Funny how incidents that happened less than a month ago have been completely forgotten..turns out it was that Mel and Joey (GMA-7's) coverage of our favorite nearby carinderia-eatery-cafeteria. I was more concerned whether I looked PG (patay gutom or very very hungry) on TV than my telegenic appeal...hah! yes i have that! = )

It's a quaint place, the "low end" counterpart of Cafe Juanita, both owned by Dr. Vasquez (an ob-gyne). That's low end with quotation marks because the Mechado and Caldereta viands sell for almost a hundred pesos each! Nevertheless, it was very Filipino the way they use the antique stuff they sell as the resto's furniture and how they play Bayanihan songs (think, Ang Pipit) each and every day.

Yeah, how could I really forget..the place whose walls have heard almost every juicy office gossip or latest lovelife chikas..the place I shared with my old colleagues..and a place that I now miss..

Well it's just too bad that our cable connection had a problem due to typhoon Frank...phhuuey...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...