Thursday, October 2, 2008

(My) Consumer Truth: Mario Badescu Drying (Pink) Lotion

I just want to say that it simply does not work, at least for me!

For the longest time I've been meaning to get me this special potion as I've been reading about it in the news, in femalenetwork, even in mags where beauty correspondents all over simply rave and gush about this product.

It promises the disappearance of unsightly pimples OVERNIGHT! Wow isn't it? For someone who've been suffering from pimples post-puberty this seemed heaven-sent. So with a Rustan's Gift Certificate (thank God it was not hard-earned PHP 1,200.00 I spent for it), I got myself a bottle with a promise of magic in it and dabbed the pink stuff on my pimples that night...naively believing (and hoping) that the next day i'll see a clearer skin.

The day after, it didn't happen but I decided to be more forgiving and patient and more naive. That dragged on for almost a year before I bumped my head to realize that maybe it just isn't for me...(sigh)

Now I'm back to my BP lotion (I think it's benzoyl peroxide) as prescribed by my derma, relatively cheap and available in different brand names and the best part is that it just does it job! I guess it helps that it's suited to my oily skin. A no-frills spot treatment (you put it only on your pimples) and literally the next day they flatten out!

Caution though, you have to consult with your derma as it might not be the best solution for your pimples/acne. As for me - I'm just so happy = )


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...