Friday, August 29, 2008

August Decisions..superstitious much?

OMG! I'm so confused right now! Just last week I had the shortest interview ever of my life - 5 minutes with HSBC's Call Center..guess we figured out early enough that there really was no fit between me, my experience and the position. (Sayang pa my effort in dressing up and going there..although their HR could have informed me that it was for that position so that I would have informed her as well of my preference..hmmpph!)

And yesterday I think I had the longest (3 hours) with my previous employer's biggest competitor, and probably the biggest IT distributor in the Philippines - L! I walked out of their office with job offer and package which I said I would have to think about for at least a day..so the next day i got back to the hiring manager and told him that after careful consideration, I'm declining their offer for that PM post. I also emailed him my decision, for formality's sake.

No regrets, I told myself.

Sure it was a great company, great position, great product (Cisco again) but my gut feel just tells me there's something 'wrong' or 'amiss' and I really can't pinpoint what that was!

So here I am still mulling over the events that happened - as they say (and I know this is true), people will 'kill' for that opportunity - and I'm just throwing it out the window. Kinda reminds me of Jo in the movie Little Women where she threw a perfectly good proposal from her childhood friend/sweetheart just because she felt it's not right.

And when I open my Apple Mail - a totally unexpected mail from the hiring manager was there! Asking me if it was really a lost cause or if there's something else we could re-negotiate...

So there, my dad told me never to make big decisions in the month of August because it will be "agaw-gusto" in Tagalog. Problem is, I have to make the decision ASAP (and I hate being rushed with things like this..hehe).

And when I sleep tonight, I hope I'll be able to process everything that happened and make a clear, firm and informed decision..

3 comments:

TBB said...

what does "agaw-gusto" mean?

Madel Baljon said...

hi tammy,

it came from my dad..i guess with what's happening now it's more of ayaw na gusto, urong-sulong, being irresolute..hehe = )

Anonymous said...

everything has a price... well, almost everything

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...