Thursday, March 8, 2012

Congratulations Jayson and Jobeth on your Engagement!

Four years ago during my Masters at DLSU, I met a group of beautiful and wonderful people who I'm now proud to call my friends. I started my Masters with no thought of any friendships blossoming but I guess I'm just really lucky to have been there with them - at the same place, at the same time. Serendipity, di ba? 

We've been at it through reports, outings, terror teachers, feeling terror teachers (nyahahaha), boys, love, dreams and yes, even heartaches. It was a sweet spot in our life when we felt we were still so young with so many things to do, goals to be accomplished and at the same time have the license to not really care where we were yet or get a free pass on not figuring out everything at that point...and it is also the cusp of adulthood (gulp!) when in a few itty-bitty years we will be breaching the big 3-0 (oh wait, some of us had already! hahaha!!).
For us girls, this is the moment when having a boyfriend is a dilemma -- we say, "oh, we're not yet ready to get married" and brush off questions to that effect; but at the back of our minds, we're really thinking "please be ready soon!! (uh, hopefully within my child-bearing years).."

Yet regardless of what we think or feel and sabi nga ni Summer ng 500 Days of Summer, LIFE will always happen (whether you are in charge or not, I'm afraid..or do we really have control??). The beauty of being in this stage is that there are so many transitions in such a short period of time; sometimes even a mere few years from when you started. 

I'm happy to have witnessed not only friendships blossoming but also how life really unfolds so instantaneously to show two hearts beating into one (corny, i know!) - from "I don't want to date this guy" to thinking "yeah, maybe I could give him a chance" without knowing that from the very first time he saw you he was thinking, "God, she's the one and I'm never letting her go!" 

To one of my favorite couples - Jayson and Jobeth - congratulations on your engagement!! I really think you are perfect for each other! :) See you on your bridal shower!! hahahaha, peace Jayson! :)

P.S. Mission Accomplished! Oplan 'Stealth' and Oplan 'Business Meeting Kuno'

THE VENUE: Gulliver's of San Francisco, Aberdeen Court Makati (Makati Ave.)

Bunny: "hmmmm....san ba ako pwede magtago??"
Old English pub with candle-light ambiance
Getting ready for the surprise! Ang hirap pala mag-act!! (L-R: Me, Jobeth, Jayson, Emil)

I guess Jayson asked, "will you marry me?"; to which I'm pretty (harhar) & sure Jobeth said "oo naman..."
Love, Actually (at this point we were all holding back our tears...)

The Crew (standing: Me, Don, Emil, Bunny) & The Lovebirds (seated: Jobeth, Jayson)

Night cap at A.venue Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (L-R: Me, Jobeth, Jayson, Emil, Don; Not in Picture: Bunny)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...