Sunday, February 17, 2008

boracay on my mind..

Most people may find it strange but believe it or not, I haven't actually been to Boracay - ever! That is why I'm both happy and excited that this summer, I finally get to go there!! The beach, the crowd, the sunset, the shakes..Whee!!!


Fortunately, the trip is free and I only have to bring pocket money for pasalubong, mango shakes, snorkeling, night outs, etc. Unfortunately, the schedule won't coincide with the block bora (college block outing/get-together which will be on April 17-21). It's a tad bit earlier at March 14-16, which means that by Palm Sunday I'll still be there with my officemates - all 80 of us, all Philippine offices at that. With a relatively old population (only a few of us pull the average down to 20's), I just hope I'll be pleasantly surprised with what's going to happen there. Hopefully the summer committee could cook up games, awardings, triathlons (hehe), bonfires, to keep everyone in the mood despite the pending reorg.

Ah, the planner in me relishes all that is to be planned for this "occasion"...in that all-important file:

MONEY AND TIME BUDGET


1. Wardrobe

This one is really tough. For only 3 days and 2 nights to be spent in that island, I know that what I currently have is more than enough. Presently I have 3 swimsuits, 5 cover-ups, 3 slippers, 2 shades - but my vanity is telling me that I should buy something, at least one thing for this summer even though I know that I'm gonna be using them max 3x this year!

First of course, is a new suit. Definitely a non-negotiable each year. It's really hard to decide which one to get but guided by my budget, I've decided to get either of these designs by Soak Swimwear..although I'm partial to the pink/brown one since I don't have that style yet.

...and I'll just buy an additional one in bora ---->that's my souvenir, silly! (hehehe)..

Next is the shades..yes I love my eyes so much (everyone should too because it is a rare commodity these days!) that's why I was contemplating on getting the Ray-Ban shades I've been eyeing since November of last year, or not.. It looked so good that I could've sworn not to buy any shades for this lifetime. That's a joke of course but really, you'd feel like a beach goddess wearing it. I could've sworn too that I would buy it the next day as in A.S.A.P. but it would set me back 7 grand, an amount I could have better use for so it only took me overnight to convince myself to use my 4-yr old Harley D shades, or borrow my dad's Ray-Ban and just save up for the one I like and buy it late this year (yipeee!!). Besides, I could always find a worthy deadringer for that shades..

For the slippers, it is almost always automatic Havaianas for most of the beach-lovin' Filipinos. I have a blue pair and would love to have a white one (I dunno, guess it would look great on any suit I have....hehe) but for now I'm settling for my trusty blue Joy pair and will just get a Banana Peel white pair - that's only PHP 100.00 or less! Still crossing my fingers here, haven't completely convinced myself yet..teehee!!

And lastly for the cover-ups, hmmmm...I totally have no idea. Though I think this will be a must for this trip because I'm with my officemates. God knows who the D.O.M.s (Dirty Old Men) are in that crowd, yuck! Plus bf is asking me to wear tadaaaah - t-shirt and shorts!! - wow...that's all I can say with his request. Baby, this is will be our compromise, okay? I think I'll just bring my beach shorts, "surf" shorts, beach dresses, and etc. Will get the rest of my stuff there...


2. Activities

Since I haven't been there, I'm just relying on my friends' suggestions on what to do there. Lemme see, aside from office activities, I want to:

- get a henna/glitter tattoo
- bask in the sun
- watch the sunsets
- forget my problems and get drunk..just kidding!!
- go snorkeling
- write my name on the sand
- go skim boarding
- drink mango shakes all day
- food trip (moderately) don't want to get bloated or have digestive problems there
- make the beach my ramp..harhar..
- sleep
- shop
- take pictures
- meet new people (wink!)
- bond with friends
- spa
- document my officemates' scandals..(hooting!)
- meet my friends who are in bora (soo lucky people!)

^is that all that people do in bora?

-->course not..I'm saving some of the good stuff for when special people are with me...such as parasailing, scuba diving, diving with the funny helmet, trekking, skinny dipping (ooops..joke!)...
3. Body

I'm not a hag so there's no reason for me to look like one. Besides, with all that I think I'm going to spend all in the name of vanity, spending time to beautify, tone, sculpt my body should be top priority! Those new suits will be of no use for me if I will not be confident with my body. So my gameplan is...

...from now (Feb 17) until the day before BORA day...

:: absolutely no softdrinks (shucks, this is gonna be hard!!)
:: no saba con hielo, leche flan, halo halo dessert after lunch
:: sleep by 10-11 PM
:: run on the treadmill at least 20 minutes per day (huray to this, this is a check for today!)
:: do boxing once a week
:: do strength/weights training every other day for arms, legs, buns, thighs
:: do abs exercises on the stability ball every other day
:: run on the bike to cool down

there, I've officially turned into Jane Fonda! hahahaha...of course I wouldn't discount the fact that there'll be days I'll be tired (ows?) or unmotivated and that's what the Hip Hop Abs DVD is for!

I've got less than a month to go and I'll be keeping my eyes focused on my target.

4. Toiletries / Skin Essentials

I don't want to spend too much on this so I've trimmed down my list to the following:

:: Sunblock for my face - has to be VMV Armada
yes guys, girls have different sunblocks for the body and face
:: Sun protection for my hair
:: Hot Oil - I have this already..so that I can pamper my hair in the evening despite the sun-filled days

Ain't that a short list? hehe..Though short as it is, I hope I could finally be a 'light packer'. Right now it's a plentiful list of things I'll be brining for this trip and with a miracle, hopefully I can pack them all in my backpack.

Fun, flirty, sexy, happy, sunny Boracay......here I come!!!! : )

and as they say, "What happens in Bora, stays in Bora! (wink, wink!)"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...