Tuesday, February 5, 2008

i feel good nanananananana....

I'm probably at my heaviest now at 105 lbs but I feel great nonetheless. No exercise (bad), lotsa lotsa food, and sweets at that! I used to weigh anywhere between 95-100 lbs which made me kinda underweight. Back then I used to celebrate every pound added to my weight only to realize that I just lose it with the next bowel movement.

One would say that I'm the quintessential slim/petite girl who keeps on eating but never gets fat. Older people/girls in the office would really go green with envy since despite their efforts in trimming down, they just keep piling up the pounds. Whereas I...ah, nevermind! They just try to console themselves that I'll get fat too once I get married, or have a baby..etc. The typical crab mentality...

While I don't have a drop dead gorgeous body (just my face..hahahaha..), I honestly feel great about myself. You want flaws? Let's say my tummy is bigger now and my arms are not as toned as they used to be but I believe that those are just minor stuff to worry about. Why? Because I believe that in 3-4 weeks I can get them to their glorious state. Kidding aside, (but I'm serious) besides our body type, I think that a lot also depends with how we perceive ourselves. Sexy or not, it is important and a must for us to have a positive self-image. In the simplest sense it's simply loving yourself enough to accept the way you are and loving yourself enough to act on the change that needs to be done. In the real world, this means that I love my body enough not to starve it just to keep a "sexy, body-beautiful, beach babe" image but I also love it enough not to overdo eating, or have an unhealthy diet and lifestyle just to give in to my cravings/gluttony/food binging moments.

In the end, balance is still key.

But you must know though, I really had REAL toned abs last summer! Looking forward to a healthy, beautiful, sexy body not just in time for beach season but for a year on year satisfaction!

1 comment:

Keith said...

I realize there is alkways a middle ground for everything. It never fails to astound me as I regulate my diet, and exercise to find someone who has trouble GAINING weight... I wish you the best. Thank you for the blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...