Monday, February 18, 2008

restless hearts

I've always been a fan of pure unadulterated true love...that is, until I went on OJT (on the job training) and started to discover for myself the flip side of the world I believe I live in.

It saddens me to know that there are people who,

:: despite having a legal wive and 3 kids already, still finds spare time to maintain 3-5 girlfriends on the side. Alongside with that he's damn proud that he doesn't use any sort of protection ergo, nobody gets knocked up.

:: still phones/texts/dates (?) the girl his wife caught him in bed with (through pictures)

:: profess that he really loves his girlfriend of 10 years (!!) while still flirting/sexing up other women. He reasons that it's better to do it now than when they get married. He wants to "make the most of" his bachelorhood.

:: beds prostitutes in each town he visits - for the simple reason that he can and nobody would know.

:: plans with gf A to have a baby so that he can have a reason to break up with gf B. So when it finally happened, he just doesn't have the heart (or balls?) to break up with gf B. This depresses gf A but lo and behold, there's gf C too!! This is just too much trauma that's why she had a miscarriage.

:: claims it's not infidelity if it's just a blowjob

While there may be more restless hearts scenarios, I don't wish to elaborate further. It just makes me sick to my stomach the way they justify their action - that it's a man's life, it's just a diversion, a pastime of sorts. And the men I have interviewed gamely answered that not even STDs, AIDS, or having their wife catch them in the act will make them stop this promiscuity. The only thing that will "probably" deter them from this lifestyle is if their children knew about it; apparently they don't want to be hated as the cheating Dad. But will they really stop?

I really hope that this would soon change. Even with the glaring evidence and confessions, please don't cheat like dogs who lick their balls - just because they can..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...