Sunday, February 24, 2008

losing my temper

Today was the first time I threw a fit at a supplier.

Dreaming of beautifying my living area, I began buying things for my room and water closet (a.k.a. banyo). So last week, as I accompanied my Mom at Ortigas Home Depot, I also shopped for things/accessories/fixtures for this great dream. I placed an order for CR shelves to be picked up the following week.

Today was the supposed pick up day. Lo and Behold it wasn't there. They said that it would be ready after 2 days more.

How come? I thought it was a 1 week lead time?

"Mam, hindi po kasali ang weekends (please don't count in the weekends)"

That really got my blood boiling as they didn't inform me that for (2) 3" x12" glass slab it would take 7 working days - not in their sales order, not even verbally. All I remember after that is me mumbling some things about them not informing me and then I asked for a refund. No cuss words or shouting, thank God.

However, despite the adage that "the customer is always right" it really felt wrong. Though they had their misgivings, I felt really bad that I let that get to me, that I got angry, that up to now I feel bad about having done that. See, I'm so affected that I'm even blogging about it now.

There's nothing left to do but to not do that anymore (or at least contain my anger and release it safely and diplomatically) and to say

I'm really sorry...


That goes out to the staff of MIRAGE @ Ortigas Home Depot.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...