Sunday, July 13, 2008

the psychology (pathology) seminar

Today I had a blast to be with 70 or so delightful kids for the psychology seminar that my friend and classmate Don, had arranged. It was held at the Pope Pius XXII hall (U.N. Ave., Manila) and although it was raining, I'm really glad that attendance was 99%!!

Me, a resource speaker? Yeah it was my first time to do it I guess..even more shocking I suppose were the topics assigned to me: cerebral palsy, hydrocephalus and mental retardation. It took me a week to research and read up on the topics (no matter how draining they were) and a couple of days to put together my presentation.

I'm really thankful to have been given that chance to share a part of myself to those kids. I also love that although these were "nosebleed-inducing" topics, they were able to listen intently and participate in the discussion. Most of all, their very welcoming attitude and their playfulness. = )
I just hope that all the things I have shared to them, they will be able to apply in their lives.

Just too bad I don't have a picture huh?! Well, as they say, there's always next time!

To the kids if you're reading this, download the file after this jump>>

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...