Tuesday, July 22, 2008

where have all the children gone?

is this the little girl i carried,
is this the little boy at play?
i don't remember growing older,
when did they?

-Sunrise, Sunset from The Fiddler on the Roof

Time seems to be moving at an UNconstant rate. It does not feel like it's ticking with a fixed interval..sometimes it's oh so slow and sometimes you never know just what hit you. Wasn't it only a few years back when I had to don a high school uniform everyday, making new friends and sharing my life (and of course my food) with them? Those were the days when I only had to worry about my homeworks and exams - no heavy stuff! Fast forward 10 years, nothing really is the same!

I wasn't able to keep all the friendships I made from those years of my life but luckily I've managed to maintain a network of very close friends. Some I have lost track of...some of them I only see through Friendster. When I see their pictures and the updates on what is happening now in their lives - where they're working, who's the current boyfriend/boytoy/fling...I feel transported back to our days of innocence and bliss - the happy feelings that high school just keeps on giving and giving. Of course I feel happy but when all the memories flood my mind, sometimes I can't help but feel melancholic and long for that kind of life again..it makes me smile but it makes me pine for those days and my friends as well.

Imagine my surprise when I learned that 1 of them has gotten married already (and didn't invite me! hmmph...kidding!) and 2 of them are already moms or soon to be moms!! There seems to be a disconnect in my mind probably because I never saw the events unfolding with my eyes or probably because to me we still are the happy high schoolers, unmindful of the things that are happening outside our walled school...

I'm happy for them both as I'm sure they are also happy with their lives now. It's just that it has never been more certain than now that we cannot anymore go round and round our batibot (aside from the fact that it's not THE batibot anymore), or talk for hours with our nightly telebabad (gushing forever about our crushes and the latest nakakainis girl), attend marian campings (i believe the sisters of st. paul abolished this one...) or just do whatever underneath the sky that's above SPCP (labo no?!)

To the new moms, Rain and Joanne, I salute you and wish you all the best..the oft-spoken phrase, "Ninang ako ah!" will now see fruition.



Baby Mama Joanne, Baby Daddy Rhecster and Baby Sophia Ysabelle

Baby Mama Rain and the baby boy growing inside her tummy



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...